Hey baking fans, it's brownie time again. As you can probably tell by now, I have a deep rooted love affair with brownies, these are probably the best I have ever tasted, it would be rude not to share them with you lovely people. This recipe was the cover recipe in May's Issue of BBC Good Food (I highly recommend this magazine, every month it is full of inspirational and drool-worthy recipes and ideas). They are very aptly named the 'Best Ever Chocolate Raspberry Brownies' and boy do they live up to this reputation. They are so moist and squidgy, everything a brownie should be, it does require a lot of self-restraint and will power not to eat the whole batch.One more couldn't hurt..could it?
BEST EVER CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY BROWNIES
200g dark chocolate, in chunks
100g milk chocolate, in chunks
250g salted butter
400g soft light brown sugar
4 large eggs
140g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
( optional extras, a smidge of vanilla extract, I also added a dollop of raspberry jam to increase the raspberry hit)
1.Preheat oven to fan 160°C
2. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
3. Put chocolate, butter and sugar in pan and melt gently. stirring occasionally. Then remove from heat.
4. Stir in eggs to pan one by one.
5. Sieve over the cocoa powder and flour and stir in.
6. stir in half the raspberries, then scrape mixture into the tray and scatter with remaining raspberries.
7. Bake in oven for roughly 30mins, adjust timing depending on how firm you like your brownies.
8. Cool before slicing, then eat away, stop if you can :).
So there you go, one amazingly delicious brownie recipe that is fail safe. You are going to love them. Happy baking!
P.s. I hope you are enjoying the recipes. Also if you have any recommendations of recipes or bakery books to try, I'm all ears and would love to hear from you!!