Hey baking people,
Here is the recipe, as promised, for the Chocolate courgette cupcakes. They are wonderfully sweet and gooey, perfect for getting some veggies in picky eaters :). You wouldn't even know you were eating a whopping big green vegetable ;P. Again I alternated a few things, so if you would like the original it can be found on allrecipes.com. HAPPY BAKING!
Chocolate and Courgette Cupcakes
2 small eggs
175g dark brown soft sugar
110ml ground nut oil
25g plain melted chocolate
125g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp salt
110g grated courgette
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius and line a cupcake tin with 12 cases.
2. Mix in a large bowl, the eggs and sugar. Mixing till fluffy and pale.
3. To this mixture add the melted chocolate, oil and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
4. In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
5. Add this mix to the egg mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in the courgette.
6. Spoon into baking cases and bake for 16-20mins!( Mine only needed 17 mins in the oven!).
7. Remove when done, cool and top with melted dark chocolate and decorate how you wish. Then gobble up quickly because they won't last long.
Hope you love these as much as I did!