Wednesday 8 August 2012

White Chocolate and Raspberry Blondies!


Hellooo! Hope you are well and are baking lots of tasty treats :). Sorry for the lack of pictures in this post, I'm at home for a few days (wedding crafting galore!) and I left my camera in my University house, so it's just an instagram pic! Today's recipe is for Blondies ( White chocolate brownies, in case you didn't know, it was a revelation to me!). These are delicious, but very sweet so I recommend only eating one (if you can!). I found this recipe on my favourite recipe website, Good food. It really is a wonderful site, with hundreds of tasty recipes that make you instantly hungry. I made a few tweaks to the recipe, possibly making it a little sweeter. So here it goes...

Raspberry and White Chocolate Blondies

200g unsalted butter
200g white chocolate, roughly chopped
50g white hot chocolate powder
300g light muscovado sugar
3 large eggs
200g plain flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
200g raspberries

METHOD
1.Preheat oven fan 160
°C. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Melt butter in a pan, then when melted, remove from heat and add half the chocolate.Set aside to melt.
3. Whisk sugar and eggs and vanilla extract together until thick and pale. Tip flour, white hot choc powder, salt and cooled butter and choc mixture. Then fold in the sugar mixture with a metal spoon.
4. Mix in half raspberries. Pour mix into the tin. Top with raspberries and white chocolate chips. Bake for 35-40mins.
5. Cool in the tin then cut into squares and munch away.

There you go, another yummy traybake recipe. They are also delicious warmed with vanilla ice cream for a dessert. Oh I'm getting hungry just talking about it! Next up on the blog is nutella and banana bread, it's in the oven at the moment, I can smell it yum!!Hope you are having a wonderful week! Happy Baking!

Rachael xx.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, wedding crafting. So much fun! Are you gonna share some of your projects? (Maybe after the wedding. I'm sure you are CrAzY busy.)

    These look delicious. I love white chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love white chocolate too especially with raspberries, they were just made for each other :). Yeah I possibly will share my crafting exploits, at the moment I'm just being swamped by bunting :).

      Rachael xx.

      Delete
  2. These look scrumptious! I love blondies... they always seem to get overshadowed by brownies. Erica (above) suggested that I check out your blog, and I'm so glad she did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's so sweet, thanks for having a look at my blog :). I had never heard of blondies before I made these bad boys, they were so yummy!

      Rachael xx.

      Delete
  3. oh yummy, these look so good. Thanks for the sharing.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so yummy! Will be giving this link to my friend who loves baking so i can try some! xx

    Currently hosting a GIVEAWAY on my blog for a pair of galaxy print leggings if you'd like to be in with a chance of winning!

    http://laurenjadem.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you :). I might just do that, thanks for the tip :)!

      Delete