Tuesday, 28 August 2012

Perfectly Pink Lemonade!


Hellosies!! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! Today my little sister and I made some delicious pink lemonade. It's a simply summery drink. It's fairly sweet but that's awesome for me as I have a massive sweet tooth :). Here's how we made it...

Pink Lemonade

punnet of strawberries, chopped
6 lemons
250g caster sugar
boiling water

Method
1. Mix sugar and about 1.5litres of boiling water together.
2. Add chopped strawberries and the juice of the 6 lemons.
3. Stir and leave to cool :).
4. Drink up and feel refreshed.

 This is a perfect drink for summery afternoons spent lazing in the sun, if we ever got any :(. The recipe is also super simple and perfect for kids to help with. I also had a brainwave for the adults, a wee touch of gin in there would make a lovely summery cocktail :). 

After making this my, my sister and I watched the Wizard of Oz. I have a serious love of musicals and this one is a favourite, it always takes me right back to my childhood. I've been really excited lately about possibly baking maple and bacon cupcakes. I can't decide whether they would be amazingly yum or erm...interesting. I'm going wedding dress shopping tomorrow (YAY!! I love it) so I might try this recipe after that...lol! Happy Baking!

Rachael xx.