hiya readers! Sorry again for the massive break from the blog, I have been quite busy and have had a brief trip to the lovely and sunny Portugal! But I am back again now with some yummy treats I have been busy slaving over in the kitchen ( not really slaving, more like having fun on sugary highs!). Let's kick things off with these chocolate boys....
These muffins are perfectly chocolately and not too dry. I sometimes find with shop bought muffins that they can be quite dry and not a pleasant experience to munch on. Not the story with these guys. The recipe is from a new recipe book I was gifted as an engagement present from my aunt and uncle! Thank you guys, what an amazing book, it's 'Meg Rivers Home Baking'. With amazing foodie photography and beautiful homely artisan bakes, this book is well worth a peak! These muffins were the first cake I tried from the book, I changed the recipe slightly, so here is the recipe with my adjustments should you wish to use them! Good luck!
Chocolate Muffins (serves 12)
260g Plain Flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
a pinch of salt
60g cocoa powder
180g caster sugar
150g dark chocolate chips
180ml corn oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1.Preheat oven to 190°C.
2. Put flour,baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, sugar and chocolate chips in a big bowl. Separately whisk corn oil, eggs, milk, vanilla extract, the pour this mixture into the dry ingredients bowl.
3. Beat together until combined and smooth.
4. Spoon mixture into muffin cases filling so they are 3/4 full.
5. Bake for 25mins, then remove and cool! (Or scoff right away because they are irresistible).
(6. I also but a dollop of white chocolate and a magic star on top of mine, just to make them look a little prettier).
There are many changes you could make to this recipe to tailor it more to your tastes. White chocolate chips would work well. You could experiment with different nuts in the mixture such as pecans or walnuts. This is a great basic recipe that could be made different each time by using a different icing each time or including coffee in the mix to make them mocha muffins. The possibilities are endless. Go on give them a wee try! Happy baking,
P.s. I have started to include the recipes for my baked treats, let me know if you like this better, also chat to me if you have any questions regarding the recipes, I will try to help as best I can. Or maybe you can give me some advice on what I could do with changing. Thanks for reading!!