Hey, hi, hello baking community! A fruity treat for you guys this time. These mini cakes are from the Meg Rivers Home Baking book. And they are delish, so fruity and comforting. Of course i changed the recipe slightly by adding hint of the very popular white chocolate, which added a new depth of yummyness to these cakes. With the blueberry and raspberry flavours there is also a hint of orange, a real taste explosion in your mouth. These cakes are about the size of muffins and need a panettone case or something similar to hold them. I didn't have any to hand and I'm a poor student so I just used the muffin cases I had. The cakes have such a moist texture. I made these for a Sunday lunch with my fiancée's family, they went down like a house on fire, definitely a crowd pleaser!
Blueberry and raspberry mini cakes (Makes 12 cakes)
320g salted butter, soft
320g caster sugar
grated zest of 2 large oranges
320g plain flour
80g ground almonds
(I also added white chocolate chips and vanilla extract,this works a treat).
1.Preheat oven to 170°C.
2.Cream butter, sugar, orange zest and vanilla together until pale and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition.
4. Fold in flour, almonds and white chocolate chips.
5. Using 2 spoons, divide mixture into cases, filling to half full.
6. Arrange fruit on surface of cake, making 6 blueberry and 6 raspberry.
7. Bake for 45mins in the oven until done.
8. Remove, cool then devour (if you can wait that long).
I hope you enjoy baking these scrummy cakes. To end this post, I have question, does anyone out there know where to get pretty bun cases of all shapes and sizes that wouldn't break the bank?? Thanks for reading guys, happy baking.