Monday 30 July 2012

Big Blueberry and White Chocolate Cookies!



Hey People :)Amidst this Olympic madness, I have another cookie recipe for you today of equal gravity! This time they are huuuge blueberry and white chocolate chewy yummy cookies. These treats were made for no particular event or reason, I just felt like baking something I could eat straight out of the oven (I am quite impatient when it comes to baking, I just always find myself getting excited about the next stage!). These cookies were a perfect bake as I had a load of blueberries looking sad and lonely in my fridge, so I put them with their old friend white chocolate..hehe! This recipe was adapted from a recipe on the ALL RECIPES iphone app.I will give you my version, hope you like them as much as I did.

Blueberry and White Chocolate Cookies 

250g plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
170g unsalted butter, melted
200g soft light brown sugar
100g caster sugar
1tbsp vanilla extract
50g white chocolate drinking powder ( an amazing ingredient!)
a punnet of blueberries
1 egg
1 egg yolk
200g white chocolate chips

METHOD
1. Preheat oven to 170°C. Line baking trays with greaseproof paper.
2. Sift together the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda and white chocolate drinking powder.
3. In a bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, caster sugar. Beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk and till light, fluffy and creamy.
4. Stir in the sifted ingredients into the creamed mixture. Stir in the blueberries and white chocolate chips.
5. Drop large tablespoons of the mixture, evenly spaced unto the trays.(Place them quite far apart because mine grew quite a bit in the oven and stuck together, not good unless you want ONE giant cookie!).
6. Bake for 10-15mins or until they look ready.
7. Cool on trays briefly then transfer to wire racks to cool further. (If you can wait that long, but I think these guys are best eaten warm out of the oven).

Go on, give these cookies a try, I don't think you will be disappointed. I had a bit of drama last week with my car breaking down when I needed it but it was nice to know I could whip up a batch of cookies and have something sweet and comforting to come back to. A fail safe recipe :). Until next time...Happy Baking!

Rachael xx.

P.s. Is there any baked treat that makes you feel all warm inside? The kind of treat that even if you are having the worst day it will instantly make it feel a little better, I would love to know!!


1 comment: