Hi all and welcome back to The Tea Cozy Kitchen! I have slightly different post for you today! I have seen these types of posts floating about Instagram (i'm @rachheron1 if you want to give me a follow) and I thought it would be fun to give it a go! It's a little bit more personal than i'm used to, but, I thought it would be good to show the person behind the food, so here goes, 20 facts about me.
- My name is Rachael and I am 26 and live in Belfast in Northern Ireland.
- I went to an all girls high school and loved it.
- I got engaged when I was 21 and married when I was 23 to my lovely husband Sean.
- He was my first and only boyfriend. We met when we were 19 and that was that!
- My husband and I both have lots of red hair, we are typically Irish looking.
- I started doing a degree in Actuarial Studies but switched to an English Literature degree two years in. I studied at Queen's University Belfast.
- I am such a worry wart and if there is anything to worry about I will definitely find it, much to the annoyance of my husband.
- I used to work in Retail but recently just left my job as it was not what I wanted to do long term (loved the people though!) and I wanted to pursue food as a career.
- I love to bake (as you can probably tell!) and bake a lot for family and friends.
- I also love to cook but didn't really do any cooking until about 5 years ago. I credit Good Food magazine for teaching me to cook and helping me to love food.
- I'm a complete literature geek and love all the classics. I recently just did an evening course on the Bronte sisters and it was amazing.
- I read all the Jane Austen novels when I was 14 and this nurtured my love for literature.
- I'm a complete perfectionist and put a lot of pressure on myself for everything to be PERFECT! If I feel like it's not then I've failed even though others don't see the failure.
- My first love was my Golden Labrador Ben who my family got when I was 5, he was my best friend and had the kindest and most gentle soul. Unlike my puppy Ralph, he's a tad mental.
- I baked my first wedding cake a couple of weeks ago! Eeek!
- I have two younger sisters who I think are absolutely amazing!
- I love to sleep and can never sleep enough. Haha 8hours is a short nights sleep for me, I go to bed very early!
- I lived in Australia for 6 months when I was 2 as my parents were working there. I don't remember it at all but i'm told that I picked up a bit of an accent whilst I was there.
- I love to go for walks in the country and nothing makes me feel better, both physically and mentally than a nice long walk in the fresh air and beautiful countryside of Northern Ireland.
- I'm a coffee addict and need at least two cups a day. The first one needs to be within 10mins of waking up otherwise I get majorly GRUMPY!
And there you go, now you know everything about me, well, there might be a wee bit more. I would love to know a fact about you, so please feel free to share in the comments. Thanks so much for reading,