Monday 18 February 2013

Crafty Project: Cute Tea Light Candle Holder

Hey lovely people! So my valentine's themed bake didn't go as planned with a lot of family illness occurring and distracting me, they turned out not so pleasant to eat! So I thought I would share my first crafty project. It is very simple and looks really cute on a mantelpiece on a chilly wintery night (every night in Northern Ireland). Here's a wee pic...

 
 
You will need....
 
an empty clean soup can
 
something sharp (knife, nail, skewer etc)
 
a tea light candle
 
How to make....
 
1. Fill can with water and put in the freezer.
 
2. When the water has frozen, get your sharp object and punch small holes in any pattern you would like. I used hearts for the valentines day theme.
 
3. Melt the ice inside. Insert a tea light candle, light it and enjoy a soft and pretty glow.
 
Hope you like this crafty project! It's a good way to recycle something that would otherwise be considered rubbish. Hope everyone had a nice valentine's day. Were you spoiled? I was but I had to work that evening which was a bit of disappointment. I will be back soon with another bake for you soon :) Much love,
 
Rachael xx.
 
 
 

 
 

14 comments:

  1. Looks lovely, this would look so pretty at nightxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out more lovely than I would have expected it to. I bet if you had a dozen or so of those all lined up, it could be magical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah they do have a wee magical vibe! Thank you for your comment!

      Delete
  3. Oh, sorry to hear everyone was feeling so under the weather. I hope they are all feeling better.

    LOVE this crafty post. I can imagine how lovely these tins look in dim light casting pretty shadows everywhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl! I read your comment but couldn't find your email address to reply back! Thanks for stopping by my blog and following--LOVE this project! I'm all about using things I already have around the house:) Just wanted to say hello--looking forward to getting to know you better!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for stopping by my wee blog! And thank you for your lovely comment :).

      Delete
  5. This is such a cute idea! I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ummm hello i seriously love this!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute idea! :)

    shannahrenee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete