Wednesday 22 February 2017

What I Eat in a Day 16

Hi all and welcome back to another what I eat in a day post! Yesterday was what you would call a comfort food day filled with some home-comfort type meals. That's me covering my back as my dinner doesn't look that great, it's home-comfort and rustic. I hope you are all having a lovely week filled with delicious and nutritious grub. Anyway, on with the food...

BREAKFAST

Home-made granola with natural yoghurt, honey, apple and cinnamon.

A pretty easy but tasty breakfast. My husband made the granola so don't ask me how it is made lol I just let him work his granola magic. Apple and cinnamon we meet again? It seems I just can't get away from this combination.

LUNCH
Leek and Potato Soup, cheesy wheaten bread and an orange.

I love nothing more than a big bowl of comforting soup for lunch, especially when it is served with melted cheese topped home-made wheaten bread. I've actually got really used to making wheaten bread every week now, I could almost do it with my eyes closed. You can find my recipe for Leek and Potato Soup here. This recipe is slightly different in that I also added some spinach for more greens. You can also find my recipe for wheaten bread, a Northern Irish classic, here, if you fancy giving this a try.

AFTERNOON SNACK

 Two Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies with coffee.

I was really feeling the 3pm slump yesterday and needed a sugar and coffee kick (to be honest I need this most days). Thankfully I was at home so was able to rustle up these peanut butter and white chocolate chip cookies. They were so tasty and easy and were ready to scoff in just 20mins, PERFECT!! The recipe is from Nigella Lawson's 'Simply Nigella' recipe book and is one of my favourite go-to snack recipes. On a side note, this recipe book is amazingly delicious, you should definitely try some of the recipes.

DINNER

Chicken Stew with Home-made wheaten bread.

See what I mean, dinner doesn't look the best. I tried really hard to make it look better but this was all I got, sorry! It's best not to mention what this looks like. On the plus side though it was really delicious and perfect warming comfort food. I've never made a chicken stew before and whilst I would still stick to the traditional Irish beef or lamb stew, I'm glad I tried this as it was a slightly lighter option and definitely didn't take as long to cook. The stew had big juicy chunks of chicken, carrots, courgette, potatoes, peas and pearly barley. What gave the stew it's flavour was the rosemary and mint, a sort if spring take on a stew. If you're looking for the recipe it is from Jamie Oliver's family classics cookbook. And of course I had to eat it with some more wheaten bread to mop up the sauce.

And there you have it, everything I ate yesterday! Did you eat anything delicious yesterday? Also, I would really love to know what your favourite go-to easy snack recipes are as I always need something come 3pm. Thanks so much for reading,

Rachael xx.



No comments:

Post a Comment