Wednesday 15 February 2017

What I Eat in a Day 15

Hi everyone and welcome back to another 'What I Eat in a Day' post! I hope you had a wonderful valentines day filled with love, family, friends and other halves! As I mentioned in my last post, we don't really do valentine's day but we did manage to treat ourselves yesterday which was nice and we are heading out this evening for hot chocolates and desserts (i'm very excited about this, can you tell?). Anyway, this what I ate yesterday.

BREAKFAST

 Banana and Frozen Mango Smoothie.

I am still loving smoothies in the morning, they are just so fresh and make me feel wide-awake (might have something to do with a bucket of coffee too!). At the moment i'm working my way round all the frozen fruit in Tesco to keep my smoothies new and exciting. So far I have tried the mango, pineapple and strawberries and loved them. I can't wait until a sunny summers day where I will be able to drink these outside in the morning. For now though, I will just have to stick with the sunshine yellow of a smoothie.

LUNCH

  Ratatouille Vegetable Pie with Peas and some oranges.

Lunch was leftover Vegetable pie which was truly delicious. The recipe came from Jamie Oliver's 'Superfood Family Classics'. It was essentially a ratatouille vegetable mix topped with ricotta enveloped in filo pastry. What's not to love? And of course I had to serve this with more veg and the compulsory mini oranges.

AFTERNOON SNACK

 A few squares of galaxy chocolate and a coffee.

As you can see from these posts I always allow myself a little mid-afternoon snack of something sweet. I find that it perks me up but it also helps keep any sweet cravings at bay and sometimes gets rid of them completely for the rest of the day.

DINNER

Pizza, Salads and Rose Wine from Marks and Spencer.

For dinner we treated ourselves to some pizzas and salads in Marks and Spencer and of course we had to have a little tipple, it was Valentine's Day after all. Because we cook from scratch every night it's a big treat to get something pre-made (mainly because there are less dishes for me to do). We were able to relax a little more and take longer over dinner as we didn't have to worry about the mountain of dishes that I usually create when making dinner. Pizza is definitely one of my favourite foods, Sean makes really good pizza too, but these pizzas were delicious. My pizza was topped with roasted veg, spicy chicken and pesto and Sean's was spicy peppers and Italian meats, yummy scrummy.

What are your favourite meals for when you want a treat? Did you end up doing anything nice for Valentine's Day? I hope enjoyed this post, I will be back on Friday with a little treat recipe for you. You know, just to keep you going over the weekend. I always like to have home-baked goods in the house going into the weekend. Thank you so much for reading,

Rachael xx.


No comments:

Post a Comment