Thursday 19 January 2012

Ideal Irish Cream and Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding


Oh this is so exciting, this is my first ever blog post. Good luck to me!I hope I inspire you try this recipe. My first dessert that I will talk about is this wonderful bread and butter pudding. A classic dessert, I'm sure all would agree but one that is hard to get absolutely perfect. This is my third attempt at this homely classic and I added a little twist, go me :)!!

The recipe I used was taken from The Great British Bake Off:How to Bake.I followed the recipe very closely as I was not that confident. The only change I made was that I added some Irish cream to the liquid mixture. The picture does not do the pudding justice. The top was crunchy with a delightful soft, chocolately and creamy centre, just heavenly with that wee hint of alcohol. My mouth is watering just remembering it.It's just lovely with some vanilla ice cream or some vanilla custard. I would definitely recommend giving this recipe a go. What's the worst that can happen?

My only downfall with this adventure was that it was dessert to a particularly majestic Christmas dinner with my university friends. It was difficult to fit all this goodness in but we definitely give it a good shot. My theory that adding chocolate to everything makes it better holds true with this pudding. Happy treating people :)!

Rachael xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment