Thursday 19 January 2012

Captivating Chilli Jam!


A venture into the unknown world of jams for me! As you know students are a bit strapped for cash and I'm one such student (poor me!). So, when Christmas came around I was panicking, I had literally no money but I wanted to treat my loved ones. Then to my rescue this Chilli jam came into the picture. What a beautiful little (inexpensive!) Christmas gift.

This gift was found in a Tesco's magazine of all places. I made a slight change to the recipe by adding jam sugar with added pectin instead of the separate sugar and pectin. I also used medium red chillies instead of scotch bonnets (couldn't find them!). It was a bit of an experiment but with my little sister's help we managed to create a gift that tasted pretty as well as looked pretty. Thank you to my little sous chef :).

These little jars of spicy yum went out to many of my loved family and friends. The jam was heartily enjoyed with leftover Christmas ham, crackers and an abundance of cheeses. The recipe made 8 jars of jam and was the perfect mix of sweet and spicy. This recipe is worth a try if you are looking for a yummy but cheap set of gifts. Happy treating everyone!

Rachael xx

P.s. If you want the recipe but can't find it, send me a comment and I will give it to you :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment