Thursday 19 January 2012

Chunky Chocolate Fudge Cake!



Hello delicious chocolate fudge cake, welcome to the world ;)!This chocolate fudge cake is courtesy of the wonderful Mrs Berry again and her Baking Bible. She states in her book that this is the best chocolate cake recipe ever. I'm rather inclined to agree with her, she is a baking legend after all! You will see a lot more of this lady's recipes on this blog. This cake was made with my boyfriend for his brother's birthday, a perfect gooey birthday treat.

I changed the recipe slightly, I put strawberries on the top( a portion of fruit, right!!). A purely aesthetic garnish of white chocolate drizzle and I created a chocolate finger fence around the cake. This cake is very rich and is for the brave and the serious chocolate addicts among you (I'm one of these people). I think again I may have left the cake in the oven a bit too long as it was a bit crunchy on the top, but thankfully it didn't take away from it's sweet taste. The icing also doubles up as a good sauce for the cake if there isn't enough chocolate for you(Oh go on, you deserve it!). Can anything with chocolate be a disaster?(I believe not!).This is an extremely self-indulgent treat. Happy treating friends!

Rachael xx

No comments:

Post a Comment