Tuesday 28 August 2012

Perfectly Pink Lemonade!


Hellosies!! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! Today my little sister and I made some delicious pink lemonade. It's a simply summery drink. It's fairly sweet but that's awesome for me as I have a massive sweet tooth :). Here's how we made it...

Pink Lemonade

punnet of strawberries, chopped
6 lemons
250g caster sugar
boiling water

Method
1. Mix sugar and about 1.5litres of boiling water together.
2. Add chopped strawberries and the juice of the 6 lemons.
3. Stir and leave to cool :).
4. Drink up and feel refreshed.

 This is a perfect drink for summery afternoons spent lazing in the sun, if we ever got any :(. The recipe is also super simple and perfect for kids to help with. I also had a brainwave for the adults, a wee touch of gin in there would make a lovely summery cocktail :). 

After making this my, my sister and I watched the Wizard of Oz. I have a serious love of musicals and this one is a favourite, it always takes me right back to my childhood. I've been really excited lately about possibly baking maple and bacon cupcakes. I can't decide whether they would be amazingly yum or erm...interesting. I'm going wedding dress shopping tomorrow (YAY!! I love it) so I might try this recipe after that...lol! Happy Baking!

Rachael xx.




6 comments:

  1. I always wondered how to make lemonade pink. Who knew strawberries were the secret ingredient?!! Sounds good. I'm gonna have to give this one a try.

    My most recent lemonade experiment, in case you wanted to check it out too...
    http://caughtonawhim.blogspot.com/2012/06/recipe-lavender-lemonade.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, it sounds delicious!!!
    Secondly, you're sooo lucky to have a sister to do fun and cool things together with *sigh!!! sooo wish!
    And lastly, maple and bacon cupcakes!?!?! I've never heard of such a thing. I'm completely in wonder! You should make them and post them on your blog just so I can know... could that possibly taste delicious? I can't even imagine... but it must! Let me in on it when you do take the jump and bake those goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love pink lemonade! Thanks for the recipe, your blog is seriously so cute!! love it!

    toriandalex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya! Thanks so much for your comment. I have been blogging in such a long time, your comment really helped me get motivated to get back on here :). Thanks.

      Rachael xx.

      Delete
  4. mmmmmmmm.... i want to try this really bad. and i want your hair your red hair is soo pretty. newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you that's so sweet :). And thanks for the follow :)

      Delete