Wednesday 13 September 2017

Biscoff Granola


Hello! Okay, so I have a confession to make, I am absolutely 100% addicted to Lotus Biscoff spread, smooth AND crunchy, i'm not fussy. I keep dreaming of ways that I can incorporate it into every bake (every meal!!) I make. So ,at the weekend I made a yummy Biscoff Cheesecake for dessert on Sunday but that left me with half a jar left, hmmm what to do with that? Yes, I could just have eaten it with a spoon, as I have done oh so many times before but then I had a lightbulb moment, why not make GRANOLA with it, then I could have it for breakfast too. So, in short if you love Biscoff as much as me, keep reading...



Ingredients

4 tablespoons of Biscoff/lotus spread (smooth or crunchy)
4 tablespoons of butter
5 Biscoff/lotus biscuits, bashed into crumbs
2 tablespoons of Demerera Sugar
a pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
250g of oats

Method

  1. Melt butter and Biscoff spread on a low heat.
  2. Mix oats, sugar, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
  3. Pour in the Biscoff/butter mix and mix until combined.
  4. Spread granola mix unto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
  5. Pop in the oven at 180 degrees for 20mins, mixing and turning the granola over half way through.
  6. Leave to cool then mix through the Biscoff crumbs.
  7. Enjoy however you like.
There you go, you can thank me later!! I know it's not the healthiest thing in the world but life's about balance and sometimes you just need to treat yourself and feed your Biscoff addiction. You could also add whatever you like to the recipe, some nuts would be delicious or dried fruit, but I'm a purist and just like the Biscoff flavour, I also like the crunch of the crumbled Biscoff biscuits, okay I will go, my mouth is watering now. Thank you so much for reading, i'm away to dream up some more Biscoff recipes,

Rachael xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment