Saturday 5 August 2017

Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Oat Energy Balls


HELLO! So, it's been a while since I last visited my little corner of the internet. Nothing much has happened I just was having a little break from blogging. In my break from the Tea Cozy Kitchen I have been on holiday to Croatia, which was so beautiful and the food and drink was amazing. I celebrated my 27th birthday (shock! horror!) with a very tasty triple layer biscoff and caramel cake (pics to follow!), we also celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary and our wee tiny pup turned 6 months old! Time just keeps marching on!

Anyway, today i'm sharing a very simple, tasty and a little healthy recipe for you. Chocolate, peanut butter and oat energy balls are a new discovery for me but a great one at that! I love one or two mid-afternoon with a big cuppa coffee to beat those 3pm energy slumps. So here goes...

 
Ingredients
makes 16 (two-bite) energy balls

150g oats,
50g raisins,
3tbsp smooth or crunchy peanut butter,
1.5tbsp honey,
0.5 tsp vanilla extract,
100g white chocolate,
90g dark chocolate,
cocoa nibs and ground almonds to decorate.


Method

  • Use a food processor to blend the oats, raisins, peanut butter, honey and vanilla together until you get a paste that can be easily rolled into balls.
  • Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and roll the mixture into 16 evenly sized balls setting each one on the tray.
  • Put the tray of balls in the fridge to set for 15mins.
  • Melt the chocolates and roll each ball in the chocolate until it is evenly covered and setting each ball back on the tray with a sprinkle of your desired topping, I used cocoa nibs and ground almonds.
  • Pop the tray back in the fridge for the chocolate to set for another 15mins then chow down!
These can be kept in the fridge for a few days. This is a great base recipe as you could easily change the nut butter, swap the raisins for dates, add chopped nuts or change the toppings. I really enjoyed this recipe so I would really love it if you let me know how it goes for you, thanks so much for reading,

Rachael xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment