Monday 20 March 2017

Meal Plan Monday (+Puppy Spam!)

Hi all! Hope you are all doing really well! Firstly, I just wanted to apologise for my impromptu holiday from the blog last week. As you may be aware we got a puppy last week and I just wanted to take a wee break to spend some time getting used to doing my days with the puppy! I have some pictures for you of the wee lad! His name is Ralph and he is an 8 week old Springer Labrador Cross puppy! He has such a huge personality and is a bit of nutter, but he is settling in pretty well and already has stolen Sean and I's hearts! Here's a few pictures of the way guy...


Also i'm still looking for tips and advice on looking after a puppy so if you have any advice or tips please do leave them in the comments below.


Anyway puppy spam aside, today's post is my meal plan for the week. I am very much looking forward to this weeks meals, there's quite a few comfort meals in there, which is no bad thing considering we are supposed to get snow this week (yuck! it's meant to be spring!). On with the food...


MON: Chocolate, Chilli and Black Bean Soup, A Girl Called Jack.

TUES: Carrot, Cumin and Kidney Bean Burgers, A Girl Called Jack.

WED: Mixed Bean Goulash, A Girl Called Jack.

THURS: Warm Spicy Dahl, A Girl Called Jack.
FRI: Mushroom Chasseur and Mash, A Girl Called Jack.

SAT: Sicilian Sardine Pasta, A Girl Called Jack.

SUN: Honey and Mustard Gammon, Mash and Cabbage, A Girl Called Jack.

As you can see I've gone back to an old favourite recipe book this week, A Girl Called Jack. I just love how simple the recipes are and also how budget -friendly they are too. They definitely scrimp on price but absolutely not on flavour. You should check out her recipe books if you fancy saving a few pennies on your weekly food shop! I am particularly looking forward to the Gammon and the chilli soup, yum yum!

And there you have it, everything I will be eating and making this week. Are you making anything exciting this week for dinner, I would love to know? I will be back on Wednesday with my what I eat in a day post. Thank you so much for reading,

Rachael xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment