It was such a happy day and everything went smoothly and beautifully, I wish I could do it all over again!! (I will maybe do a blog post on my wedding with the details of the day, if you guys would like to see it??).
I also graduated from university during my spell away from the blog (woohooo finally!) and I even did very well and managed to come out of it still smiling with a good degree. Here's a photo of myself in my lovely Queen's robes....
As well as these big things I have moved house and started living with Sean (my hubby!), been on honeymoon and baked a lot of yummy buns (recipes to follow). So i'm sorry for neglecting this space but I really haven't had time to breathe let alone type haha! But I'm back( hopefully for good this time) with recipes galore!
To kick things off I have a lovely cupcake recipe for you guys. I found this recipe in a recipe magazine called Recipes (haha orginal!)Here's a wee picture of how they should turn out...
For the cakes-115g salted butter
-160g caster sugar
-grated zest of 2 oranges
-100ml of orange juice
-200g self-raising flour
For the Filling-200g strawberries
For the icing- 250g cream cheese
-250ml whipping cream
-100g icing sugar
-1tsp vanilla paste
-Strawberries, orange slices, cucumber and mint leaves to decorate.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a cupcake tray with paper cases.
2.Cream butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs, orange zest and juice. Gradually add the flour and buttermilk. Beating between each addition (careful not to overbeat).
3. Fill paper cases with batter, making sure they are all equal in size. Bake in oven for 30mins and allow to cool in the tin.
4. Make the filling. Blend and sieve the strawberries. Add the Pimm's, cornflour and sugar and heat gently. Keep stirring until it becomes a thick jelly-like liquid. Leave to cool in the fridge.
5. Then make the icing, beat the whipping cream, icing sugar and vanilla into the cream cheese until it is fluffy and will be easy to pipe unto the cupcakes.
6. Core a hole in the middle of each cake and fill with the strawberry Pimm's jelly (this is yummy stuff, lick the bowl once you are done).
7. Pipe the icing unto the cupcakes and decorate with strawberries, orange and cucumber. Then munch away!!
These are delicious cupcakes and the delicate taste of Pimm's is just wonderful in these! Give them a go and let me know what you think?? Happy Baking Guys!!
Love Mrs Rachael (haha!) xo