Hi everyone! I'm back today with a recipe for you, this double chocolate peanut butter granola (doesn't that just sound delicious). I know it's not the healthiest of recipes but i'm all about that everything in moderation life (although you can't really eat this in moderation, it's addictive, sorry). I think food is all about a little bit of what you fancy when you fancy it. Plus, when you make your own granola you can control exactly what goes into it, thereby you could make it healthier if you wanted. This granola recipe is such an easy one to make and you can make a big batch of it on a Sunday and munch away at it throughout the week, very simple and not to mention way way way cheaper than shop bought granolas!
This granola is so tasty and can be served so many different ways. I love it with some natural yoghurt, honey and sliced banana. It's great with milk, hot or cold, it's the perfect treat yourself breakfast, a big bowl of this with warm milk, it's like eating cereal with chocolate milk. You can also use it to top porridge or ice-cream or sprinkle on top of a bowl of fruit, like berries. Sometimes, I just eat it as it is as a little treat. Or you can add nuts and dried fruit and make a sort of trail mix for taking out and about. Once you master the basic recipe you can change it up and add a little bit of what you like. Cinnamon, chopped nuts, raisins or freeze dried strawberries and bananas would all work really well.
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola
2tbsp soft brown sugar
4tbsp heaped of crunchy peanut butter
4tbsp flavourless oil, I used groundnut oil, for an extra nutty taste
100g white chocolate, chopped into chunks
50g dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
a pinch of sea salt
1.Preheat oven to 180degrees. Melt peanut butter in a pan over a low heat and stir in the oil.
2. In a large bowl mix together the oats, sea salt and brown sugar.
3. Pour over the peanut butter and oil mixture.
4. Mix until fully combined.
5. Pour the granola mix unto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
6. Pop into the oven for 30mins, checking every 10mins it's not burning and mixing, so everything gets toasted evenly.
7. When toasted evenly remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
8. When completely cool mix in the chocolate chips. If you don't eat this all at once, you can store it in an airtight container for 3 days. Although it doesn't usually last that long.
So there you go there's the recipe, so simple you could barely even call it a recipe. Please let me know if you give this a try. Also if you have any favourite granola recipes please do share them with me, i'm always on the look out for new ideas. Thanks again for reading, talk again soon,